Investing in Yourself
Thought for the day…
Follow your energy! Ask yourself: What would I be great at doing NOW? Feel your energy and do that first… Take a long, slow deep breath, HOLD it, and then slowly release it. Only breathe through your nose. Repeat three times.
How much do you invest in yourself in the following ways?
- Time on your own
- New stimulii
Presents and treats
- Fun and laughter
- Off-duty activities
- Doing things you like
- Being with people who make you feel good
- Praising yourself
- Appreciating your uniqueness
- Spending money on yourself in ways that enhance your life, your skills, your opportunities
- Honouring your values, your needs
Get a Life Coach – and get ahead!
Having a life coach or business coach is another way of investing in yourself. But, you can also life coach yourself.
To be a more efficient life coach to yourself, ask yourself:
What are you best at doing for yourself? How do you do that?
What are you least practised in doing?
What might be a good first step to help you become more practised?
What is the first improvement you can make now in life coaching yourself?
What might you do next?
The 7 + 1 Secrets of Brain Fitness
- Aerobic exercise – just 30 minutes each day!
- Mediterranean diet – lots of fruit, veggies and fish
- New learning
- Mental stimulation – try the crossword or Sudoku
- Keeping stress under control
- A rich social network
- Think young
- Finally, and most important – Drink 2 litres of water – every day!